Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 8, 2010 - Pain level = 5

This morning, I was operating on one single hour of sleep in the last 24 and I'm not even real sure that I actually slept that long.  Occasionally I just don't sleep and the last couple of days have been like that.  I went to bed about 4 a.m. and had to be back up at 5 a.m. to catch the City of New Orleans to Jackson, Mississippi to go see my son for his birthday (I can't believe he turned 29 today!).  A trip to Jackson also means seeing my daughter and her husband and kids as well as friends.  I live in Memphis because that's where my wonderful husband is from.  One day, we'll move back to Mississippi and I look forward to it.  I ride the train to and from Jackson because I can stretch my legs out, let the seat back down and sleep all the way home. (It's the home of my childhood going one way and my adult home going the other way.)  I got in my sleeping position and tried to sleep but the train was rocking too hard.  Fortunately, I was able to walk around and work my kinks out and prop my feet up so my pain stayed about a 5, maybe a 5 1/2.  I was thrilled.  I took a nap when I got to my daughter's and  managed to keep it down.  Yeah!!!  We'll see what tomorrow looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.