Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 25 - 26, 2010 - Pain levels stayed around 5!!

My body has gotten the Kadian loaded back in and what a difference it has made.  I spent a lot of time this weekend sleeping which helped a lot with the fatigue. If my pain stays around a 5 or 6, I'm happy.  I'm still in pain but it's doable.  I can live and function with it.  Someone once asked me if I didn't want to take my pain down to a zero.  Of course I do.  Who wouldn't?  But you have to remember that Fibromyalgia is a progressive disease.  Eventually, I'll have to have my pain medicine increased to keep it at a 5 or 6.  I don't want to take a chance at building up a tolerance to the pain meds and then having to either go to a stronger pain meds or there be nothing to control it with.  It's just a fact of life.

Saturday was a hard day fatigue wise. I wasn't able to get out of bed until almost noon.  I really needed to get laundry done, clean up the kitchen, clean the liter boxes and vacuum.   I remember when I could do that in an hour.  Saturday it took me all day because I had to nap several times.  I got up, fixed my diet Coke, sorted the laundry and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I was exhausted.  So I napped for a couple of hours. I got up, moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer and started another load. Litter box time.  Yuk.  Got the rabbit's box done with no problem and headed to the cat's box.  That one was a chore but I got it emptied, took it outside and washed, brought it back in and put the clean litter in. Guess what?  Nap time.  Seriously?? I only slept for an hour and got up and rebooted the laundry again, and folded the clothes and put them away.  By now, it's almost 4 so I pushed myself to get the house vacuumed and took a shower.  I was so tired I could barely stand.  So I climbed back into bed and slept till Bill got home from work.  By 9:30, I couldn't stay up any longer and went to bed. I hadn't even been up 12 hours!!! We had planned to go to church Sunday morning but I woke up around 11:15. Bill told me that he didn't wake me up because I had not moved since I went to bed and he felt like I needed the sleep.  He is so good to me.  I don't know what I would do without him taking care of me.

Sunday was a much better day. I guess I needed the all the sleep that I got Saturday and Sunday.  We had a wonderful afternoon and spent some great quality time together.  That's a great day in anyone's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.