Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 20 - 24, 2010 - Pain Levels been up and down

What a week.  I can't believe that it's already Friday!  This has been such a strange week.  Sunday we dropped my Kadian prescription off at Kroger and went by Monday to pick it up.  When we got there, they had not had enough to fill the prescription and had to order some more.  (Note to self - turn prescription in 7 days before I need it.)  I was really disappointed because a) I only had enough for one more day and b) they always have it in stock.  I took my last dose Tuesday morning.  I had finally gotten my pain to being manageable but without the Kadian it started creeping back up Wednesday. I spent all day Wednesday in bed because by mid afternoon the pain was up to a 10+.  As long as I was laying down and dozing, it wasn't so bad.  Being up and trying to do something was not good.  Thursday I was determine to make it to Bible study and I did, 20 minutes late.  Showering and getting dressed required that I lay down and rest between the shower and dressing and then after I dressed.  Thursday night Bill picked up my prescription on the way home from work and I took one as soon as he handed it to me.  I had another one this morning and the pain is going back down to a decent level.  I forced myself to do some grocery shopping today because we had hardly anything left in the house.  It took me forever to pick up the few things we needed. I'm headed to bed now and will take another pill before I do.  Hopefully once I get Saturday morning's dose on board the pain will go down considerably. 

This week has been so reminiscent of my last months at work.  There is no way to be dependable with this hideous disease that hides itself from public view but yet wreaks such havoc on our lives.  I started getting ready for my 10:30 Bible study at 8.  It took me 2 1/2 hours to get ready to make the  15 minute drive to the church.  This was how it was when I was working.  I kept having to get up earlier and earlier to try to make it there on time.  The problem was that my fatigue level kept going up and in order to get enough sleep to be rested enough to get up in time to be on time to work, I would have had to go to bed before I ever left work!  I need at least 10-12 hours of sleep because of the Chronic Fatigue.  To get to work at 8:30 meant getting up between 5 and 5:30.  I certainly didn't ask for all of these disease/syndromes that I have but I have to make the best of the life God has given me.  I just wish there was a way to make a decent wage working from home, using the hours that I am most productive and not having to go by someone else's rules.  Unfortunately, even if I could find that job, my cognitive problems wouldn't allow me to learn the new tasks that I'd have to learn.  But the memory and comprehension is for another day when I can actually remember how those problems affected my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.