Saturday, May 28, 2011

Guess what? I'm hurting.

Today has been a rough one.  I didn't fix Bill's lunch this morning. All I did was let the dog out, take my morning meds, kiss Bill good bye, let the dog back in and I was back in bed.  When I finally got up from my morning "nap", I had to go to the bank and post office.  I like my routine of only running errands once or twice a month. My plan had been to get this stuff to the post office yesterday when Bill was off work to take it for me. Of course, that didn't happen.  With the holiday coming up I knew that they really needed to go so off I went. 

This was not the day for running errands.  My pain level had gone down during the night to Level 5: You can't ignore this pain for more than an hour, even with OTC Medications. You cut back of all activities except the most important ones. Work is possible, but just barely.  Level 5 was an improvement over the Level 8 it was when I went to bed last night.  My bad days seem to be becoming more severe and more frequent. I really hoping that this is not going to be my new norm but is just a stage. Only time will tell.

I've been out of bags for my homemade bread and decided to stop by Walmart and run in real quick (not literally of course) to pick some up. Thankfully there was a handicapped parking space empty but when I got inside,  there were no motorized carts. Of course, what I needed was in the very back of the store but at least I was on the right side. I grabbed  a cart and set off on my trek. I looked at the bag size but I was so tired and the pain was going up so much that it didn't register with me that the size wasn't right.  I figured that out when I got home and tried to put a loaf in them.  The "old" me would have gone back to the store and looked for the correct ones.  If they didn't have the right ones, I would have gone to every Walmart around to try and find the right ones.  These days I will wait until the next time I get out and hope that I remember to look for the right bags.

By the time I got home, my pain was up to a Level 6: You simply can not ignore your pain for even a few minutes. Prescription pain medications provide you with limited functioning abilities. I took a nap and then got up to spend some time with Bill. I'm headed back to bed.  I should have been in bed 3 hours ago but  it's taken me almost that long to finally get this written. I'm determined to get a post a day written.  

My prayer is that I will be able to sleep until my body wakes up on its on tomorrow.  Hopefully my pain will go down a little bit more and I can get something accomplished tomorrow.

 Good night all.

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.