Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Have Slept for What Seems to be Forever and I Still Hurt

The post on Saturday was actually about Friday.  I'm not sure how that happened.  Saturday, I did sleep until I woke up. The extra rest was nice but I'm still in an awful lot of pain.  I really wish it would go away for just a little while. I tried to get up several times but I just couldn't do it.  I finally drug myself out of bed about 3:30 so that I could take a shower and get to church by 5:00.  Saturday night is our healing service and I wanted to go and have the Order of St. Luke members and our priest lay hands on me while they prayed.  Fr. Rene anointed me with oil. I always feel so much better afterward. The pain was horrible and I shouldn't have been driving but it was the only way to get there.  Bill was at work down the street from the church and he wouldn't have time to come home and get me. Those closets to me knew how much pain I was in just by looking at my face. My pain yesterday was a Level 8: This is serious pain. You don't want to do anything or be bothered by anyone. You have taken so much pain medication you are unable to fully concentrate on anything. Work is out of the question. When we got home from church I had to lay down for a nap.  That was around 6:30.

I woke up at 9:30 this morning. My pain was down to a Level 6: You simply can not ignore your pain for even a few minutes. Prescription pain medications provide you with limited functioning abilities. It's stayed there pretty much all day, a welcome reprieve from yesterdays pain.  I've not been able to get much accomplished but I have gotten a good bit of email out of my box.  I'm really hopefully that my pain will go down a little bit over night. It would be nice to be able to celebrate the holiday a little bit tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.