Friday, September 3, 2010

September 3,2010 - Pain level 9

Today was one of those strange days.  I woke up this morning about 4:30 a.m. and felt pretty good.  Fixed Bill's lunch, cleaned the living room, dining room and kitchen and then checked email before 8 a.m.  I ran a couple of errands and came home and started organizing my new sewing room.  It's going to be so nice to have a room dedicated to my sewing and crafting.  I'll be able to just turn off the light when I finish sewing and not have to put things up.  Sometimes when I have to get everything out, I'm too exhausted to sew or craft by the time everything is set up. So this will be nice if I ever get it organized.

I got some depressing news today.  It seems in rare cases  you can have a recurrence or flare of Guillain Barre Syndrome just like fibro and chronic fatigue.  What joy - not! After my friend Janie told me about it I did several Google searches.  The general consensus seems to be that only 2% of those who have had GBS will have a recurrence but when you figure that those of us who have had this rare disease account for only 5% of the population, it seems we have a good chance for recurrence.  So now I'm left to wonder - is the numbness and heaviness in my arms a recurrence of the GBS or is it FMS?  What about the problem I'm having with my eyesight "going south" suddenly?  My legs are feeling so heavy.  What's up with that?  And the fatigue is worse than it has been in a long time. My head even feels too heavy to hold it up.
 
So here's the strange part of the day which is really not unusual.  Around 5pm, I began to feel tired, got the old fibro fog going and my pain levels shot up. All in about 45 minutes.  We didn't have anything planned but a quiet night at home which is a good thing. There's no way that I could go anywhere.

Anyone want to take a guess as to how tomorrow will go?  Will I feel like crap at bedtime or will I have the energy to continue my story about my life with fibro pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.