Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's been a good week :-) October 1 - 8, 2010

The last week of September was one of the most stressful that I've had in a long time.  Stress = pain.  It was crazy with the pain levels going up and down every day.  Sometimes more than once in the same day.  The life of a fibromite!  The only thing that is predictable, is that fibromyalgia is unpredictable.  Fortunately, the light bill got paid through the generosity of a couple of wonderful people.  It was very humbling having to ask for help.  I'm accustom to helping others, not being the one needing help.

Once that crisis was over, My pain level started falling from the 9 it had gone up to on Thursday.  Saturday morning, it  was back down to a 6 or  7. By Monday, my pain was at a 4 or 5.  That's my goal for my pain.  There's still a good bit of pain at that level but it's a point where I can function.  I am loving it.  I know that winter will be here soon but I plan to enjoy this break from the weather and get some sewing done.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were good days and my pain stayed at my goal of a 4 or 5.  For some reason I woke up Thursday in a good bit of pain.  It was up to a 7 or 8.  I had planned to go to Bible study at 10:30 but I couldn't move fast enough.  I was hurting too bad to get dressed much less leave home. I went back to bed and slept till noon and was successful.  There was a mailing at the church that I had promised to do and I was able to go do it.  All I did was sit at a table and fold a one page letter, stuff it in the envelope and run it through the postage machine  I got so stiff even with getting up own a regular basis and walking around for a few minutes.  I had to stop by the grocery store on the way home and by the time I made it home, I was exhausted.  The bed was calling my name and I climbed in and slept for several hours and still didn't have the energy to get up and do anything but move to the couch. I spent a little time with Bill but was back in bed by 9pm.

Friday morning I slept until I woke up and the fatigue had started going away but I was still moving slow.  Amazingly, my pain went back down while I was sleeping.  This morning I was able to be productive and traced a pattern to make me a top.  Hopefully, I will feel like sewing it it the morning. I had lunch with two friends today and it was good to get out and spend time with people who have hung in hear.  One of them has fibro too and we compared notes on how we were doing with the weather change.

I'm off to bed.  I hope everyone has a great and relatively pain free week.

Cynthia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.