Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's Been a Rough New Year

My fibro pain has finally gone back to it's normal level four or five. It's been a great blessing to not be in as much pain as I had been having.

Things were going pretty well until Tuesday this week.  That when my pain jumped up to a level ten. But it wasn't fibro pain.  It was some of the most severe chest and stomach pain I've ever had.  I tried to ignore it.  I tried to find a position where I got some relief. Nothing worked so I ended up calling Mr. Supportive to take me to the ER.

That visit was a nightmare.  You know how those of us with chronic pain get labeled as drug seekers?  I feel sure that I was labeled as soon as I got there.  You know how sometimes when the pain is so bad that you can't breathe normally and you breathe through your mouth very quickly?  The nurse told me I was having an anxiety attack and if I would stop breathing so fast the dizziness would go away.

Read about my "wonderful" adventures in the ER here.

I'm going to be away from the computer for a few days playing grandma.  Here's hoping I report back good things pain wise!

2 comments:

  1. It is really good to do as blog, to share your experiences, so others don't feel so alone and to raise awareness. Many thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to "see" you again. Cynthia

      Delete

Life is all about learning. Sharing your thoughts will help us do that together. All I ask is that you keep the language PG and that you not leave mean spirited comments.